понеделник, 30 ноември 2009 г.

Untitled

I wrote this after i read The Catcher in the Rye, my favorite book for sure;) I decided to do something one evening and then write about it.

Last night I was just going to bed when my mobile rang. It was my best friend.
He had just finished meeting with his girlfriend. He invited me to his place. His parents were out of town and he was bored or something. I hesitated for a while, it was a school night but I did not care, and I said I’d go. I got dressed and started thinking about what classes I had tomorrow. I thought about it for a while but I could not figure it out, so I put a notebook in my bag and got out. I don’t know why I took my bag, it would have been easier if I had only taken the freaking notebook. My parents were sleeping, so I did not bother waking them up. They probably would not have noticed anyways. At the time they normally wake up I’m already at school or in the restaurant across from it, depending on my mood. I got a cab and drove off to my friend’s. I forgot I did not have any cigarettes on me, so I tried to bum one from the cab driver. He let me take one. Like ninety percent of the cab drivers smoke, it’s hilarious. I don’t normally ask people for cigarettes, its not that I’m ashamed I just don’t want to ask them. I can’t explain it. After I put it out in the ashtray, I told him to stop at the next open shop. I couldn’t last the whole night without any.
When I finally arrived, after I tipped the cab driver, even thought I hate cab drivers; they always smoke,even when you are trying to stop smoking, they still smoke, my friend’s sister opened. She was three years younger than us and was going to attend our school next year along with my brother. She was beautiful for her age and I bet you could have mistaken her for 16 or even 17 year old when she was only 14. I sat down next to her on the couch and lit a cigarette. My friend came with a bottle of 24 year old whiskey. He poured it into these coffee glasses. I did not like it really. Maybe it was because of the damn coffee glass I had to drink it from. Why the hell did he bring the expensive whiskey and the cheap coffee glasses? It makes no sense. Anyways , we did not have anything to do so we ordered food and downloaded a movie . The movie was called “Finding Forrester” . It was about this writer William Forrester that wrote a very successful novel and then got pissed at the world and started living incognito or something. This basketball Kid from the ghetto finds him and they start writing together. It sounds phony but it isn’t. It is really touching if you ask me. By the time it ended it was almost morning, the sky was starting to clear and the sun was showing from the mountain across. I fell asleep on the sofa. I cannot remember what happened with my friend, whether he fell asleep on the chair, or he went to his bed.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар